Oct 12, 2007

No commitments please! part 1

"Prasad, here is your passport and flight ticket. Now make it fast flight is at 2300 hrs, and you got to report by 2100hrs", my dad said hurriedly.
"Ha dad! it's just six, we still have plenty of time. You just sit there and enjoy the cool breeze coming outside"
"Ok OK, cab will come at seven. Just check out everything and see whether you are forgetting anything", my dad said as he went out and sat in the sofa outside the house.
"Yes dad, will check"

"Prasad, Prasad keep this lemon rice in your bag. You will feel hungry in the journey", my mom said handing the box.
"Mom.... now c'mon, I'll get to eat everything in the flight itself, no need of all these things"

I walked out of my room for some air. Today it's filled with all the relatives who came to give send off to me. I'm leaving to Germany as I got an offer there to do my research work for my Ph. D.

"Prasad, Prasad! where are you, there's a call for you...", puja, my little sister, shouted.
"Here Puja, at the dining table"
"Hey, some female on the other side. I never heard her voice till now. Who is this?", Puja whispered in my ears.
"Let me attend the call first. How will I know who's on the phone without talking to her?", I said and snatched the phone from her hand.

"Hello"
"Hello, Prasad?",
"Yes ma'am, who is this?"
"Neelima, can you come to Spencers which is near my house now?"
"Now? I mean it might not be possible. I mean, I'm leaving to airport in an hour."
"Just for five minutes, please"
"Huh, Ok, will be there in ten minutes. And only five minutes not more than that.."
"yup, come soon, I'm already there in the Spencer"
"Ok, bye", I said and hung up the phone.

That was a surprise call from Neelima. In the three years this was the first time we talked to each other. My heart slipped so many beats in the couple of minutes while talking to her. I hurried and took out my bike.

"oye prasad, where are you going now?", Dad asked opening the gate.
"Spencers, just 10 minutes that's it."
"For what?"
"Deodrant, I forgot to buy one..."
"Ok, come fast ..."
"Ok dad.."

I reached Spencers in ten minutes, and dialed Neelima's mobile number...

"Hello, where are you?"
"Behind you!", said Neelima

I turned back keeping my cool and controlling the nervousness.
"Hi Neelima", I said looking at her. She was wearing pink top and white cream long skirt. She was looking so damn cute in that.
"Hi Prasad, thanks for coming...", said Neelima with a smile.
"No problem, tell me"
"Huh, I wanted to tell you something that's why I asked you to come here..."
"Ok, and what do you want to tell..?"
"Well, let's come to the point and you are getting late too... Prasad... I.."
"Neelima, I know what you wanna tell. That's Ok you don't have to tell that..."
"That's it then, I wanted to let you know this before you leave..."

We looked into each others eyes and shook hands for the first time. I didn't want to leave her now. I didn't want to go...

"Prasad, all the best and take a great care of yourself"
"yup, you too... Ok then got to go, ..."
"yea...", she said and came near and gave a peck on my forehead.
"And take this...", she said and handed me with Axe effect!
"How do you know that I.......???"
"You are getting late sir, bye prasad..."
"bye Neelima...."


.....to be continued

2 comments:

  1. wow dude.....well written! was into tears...u knw the reason though!!! keep coming...

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) nostalgic...
    looked into his eyes! holding my tears... silent tears washed my eyes, yet i didnt want to wet my eyes cause i wanted to hold that moment forever!

    ReplyDelete