Oct 29, 2007

No commitments please! part 3

Continued from here...

"There... there's the bag, dad said you would come", she said looking worriedly.

"Oh, yeah... ok", I succumbed sufficient energy to mutter that.

I took the bag and came off from there without saying another word. Beeds of Sweat rolled of my face. I didn't dare to look her back. And that was our only talking since our childhood. At the first sight of her after so many years was amazing, even though I didn't knew the girl I was seeing during Dussera festival every year at the temple is going to be Neelima.

And then I never met her after that. I got admission in National University of S'pore for pursing MS in Biotechnology. Well, I couldn't not meet her in person for two years but then I found her in orkut I should thank Orkut Buyukkokten for providing such a wonderful tool to us. From there to gtalk and Yahoo Messenger, couldn't imagine how this world could have been without these virtual social networks. And then these networks have spread so fast like a wildfire that it shouldn't be shocking if you come to know that there was an e-wedding happening online, bride is sitting in front her system in Sri-Lanka and groom somewhere in US, Pandit somewhere in Banaras and the guests would be you and me blessing the new couple sitting in our sweet-homes.

Anyways, we became very close online and we started knowing each other better. There wasn't a single day without chatting with her. If couldn't meet online we ensured that we shot a mail to each other. One fine day she asked my mobile number in S'pore. It was on my birthday. I took her mobile number instead and called her.

".....Hi..... Neelima..."
"....Ha a ai, happ haappy b'day Prasad"
"Thank you.."

And to our respite her mom called her the next second, Phew! after hunging up the phone I badly wanted to talk back to her. All our the possible meetings through all the source which were the means for the first time turned out to be very nervous thingy. The first time confrontation was nervous one and now the phone thing too.

Well, all this happened for only couple of months. We couldn't meet online anymore after the first two months there in S'pore. Assignments kept me busy and then the part time job. Just the occasional e-mails continued thankfully.



... to be continued.//

1 comment:

  1. mmm this was too short.. :) post a longer version of the next part

    ReplyDelete