Nov 13, 2007

No commitments please! part# 4

Continued from here...

Days passed away in a blink and I didn't realize that I'm into final sem now. The project work has sucked all my energy. And I was busy applying for Ph. D, got an offer from Germany. But I just had one month for vacation as I have to be in Germany by then.

Neelima has stopped mailing me, neither I mailed any message to her. We weren't in touch with each other for one full year. I didn't come to India during sem break, as I got an offer to assist my professor in his research work. I became so submerged into these things in s'pore that I hardly made a call to home.

After getting graduated and the graduation party without wasting any time I caught the next day first flight to India. I felt so happy to come back home after two long tiring years, but then the thought of going to Germany in another couple of months ruined my happiness.

Mom and dad came to airport to receive me and my sis too. I asked my dad not to inform anybody about my returning for at least 2 days. Mom inspected me with watery eyes even dad too. I felt so secured, after seeing them all my mental stress vanished, poof!. Even poo wasn't blabbering anything while coming in cab.

As soon as I entered my room, poo attacked me from behind. She pushed into the bed and jumped with a pillow and started banging me with the pillow.
"what the heck do you think of yourself, you nerdy ass?"
"Oi poo, ass?"
"yes!, you are such an ass****... don't talk to me at all"
I knew at once for the reason poo being mad on me. I didn't wish her on her b'day last week.
"I...I ... sorry yaar, c'mon now, you know me how much I love my sis... if I forgot to wish you on your b'day ... ok , well , forget it, I'm really sorry, tell me what should I do for you?"
"Get lost ok, I hate you dumbo!", Poo shouted at me and went to her room.

In the night when everyone slept, I slowly sneaked into poo's room and placed a bag in her bed and came back to my room. Back to room I closed my door and digged my lappy's bag for davidoff. Ah! a cigarette after 24 hours. I got into this stupid habit of smoking in s'pore. Luckily I had control over my smoking habit but then at least one cigarette per day became necessity for me.

Next day morning I woke up after being disturbed by poo's weight on me, again!. Before I said anything she gave a peck on my forehead. She was smiling with her cute dimples.
"Hmm, so I'm an ass****, huh?"
"yes, you shouldn't have any doubt about that bro... anyways thanks for the teddy, and I have given it a name too, Junglee. How's it?"
"Hey c'mon poo, why you calling the poor thing with your name"
"hellooo..." poo was getting geared up to bang with the pillow again. I caught her neck and took her into the balcony.
"Hey poo, you know what, I have to go to Germany for my Ph.D in another one and half months... hmmm"
"aww, shit yaar, too much, you didn't even inform this to mom and dad yet..."
"No I didn't wantedly... will tell them after two or three days, and you don't tell anybody please..."
"OK. OK... and I have booked tickets for om shanti om, evening show,..."
"woohoo cool..."

After week or so, one day dad called me and asked what are my next plans. I informed him about Ph.D thing. He felt happy about that but mom came rushing from the kitchen...
"No way... you aren't going anywhere. Better stay here and do some job, enough of studying and staying away from home for years... "
"Hmm... Ok ok... chicken curry is getting over roasted on the stove go and check I'm hungry..."
"you don't have to tell..." she said and went back into the kitchen room.

My dad took me into the veranda and asked me how long it would take to finish my Ph.D. It's not that he being a professor hasn't got any idea about Ph.D but the distance is what keeps his worried.
"Dad, you know that it's gonna take yrs... and I want to go for it..."
"Your wish Prasad... your mom is insisting me to get you married now itself, you know why..."
"No marriage nothing, please dad...please, I'm not thinking about it now.."
"Hmm..yea..",

And the day has come for me to leave to Germany. I had mixed feelings filled in me. I decided that after Ph.D I'm coming back to India forever and do whatever I want to. Neelima's call that day woke me up. I just forgot about her. I felt so bad about this. All of a sudden some kinda voidness got created in me.

I woke up from the reverie when the air hostess announced that we were about to reach the destination in another thirty minutes.


........to be continued

2 comments:

  1. That was damn cool and quite creative. Thaz how you wakeup huh!!! Just kidding.

    The one u added in ur sidebar, actually is too close to the post page and it covers few words Brute. Is it possible to move little right so the post can be seen clear. Well I have problem seeing in IE. Donno about FF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah ! :) complete it raa! :P i am waiting for the happy ending :)

    very nice narration.

    raz

    Psst: too lazy to log in thro my id... hence this!

    ReplyDelete