Jun 2, 2006

i.n.d.i.a.n pie......(dating) -4


“Ahem, this is Laxman, Neha. Well, I have the book which you want, Harry Potter. Actually, I went to British library today, librarian recognizes me. He called me and asked if I was planning to return the book early, before the returning date. When I asked why he wanted so early, then he told about you. So, I took your details. Now I called you to say that I’m going to complete the reading of the book by tonight so I can give you the book for three days. Where will you meet me to take the book?”
“Why don’t you return the book, if you are going to complete it today?”
“Well, I’m going to complete but my sister is yet to start. The thing is she is out of town and she’s going to return after three days, so I thought of giving you for three days”.
“Oh, ok, well, then where should I come?”
“Where do you stay?”
“Himayatnagar”
“Ok, come to U-Kop, we’ll meet there at eleven in the morning. Is that ok?”
“Yeah, it is ok”
“Ok Neha, see you tomorrow, bye”
“See you, bye”
We all felt a rush of adrenaline.
“How was it?” lucky asked excitedly as we sat down. “It was fine dude, good going”, I said. Lucky looked pleased, like a little boy.
“Ok, should I ask her for date tomorrow?” Lucky asked, suddenly worried.
“NO! you would not”, Raj said. Everyone nodded in agreement.
I smiled at Lucky. “Well”, I said,”I did something positive for you today so party tonight dude”.
“Yes, thank you Avi”.
I sat back, sighed and looked around at the faces of my buddies’ excited faces.
“So are we going to accompany Lucky tomorrow?” Uma’s voice sounded full of energy, almost flying. I was not surprised to see her excitement.
I told her we would go.
“Let’s hope Lucky doesn’t panic tomorrow”
Uma gave a strange smile. She had always known for how to enhance her somewhat plain looks.
“Where’s Raj?”, I looked around the room, searching for Raj, but I didn’t see him.
“He’s outside”, Navya said.
“Thanks for playing cupid, not literally though,” Sameera said, she gave my arm a squeeze. Lucky was silent, his eyes looking out the window. I gave him a hug and took him outside.
“Meow!” shouted Raj, and he jumped up onto us.
We headed out the gate, started our bikes and headed to Love Bird café for hot cup of irani chai.

At the café, lighting the cigarette, I suddenly thought about the scooty girl and the phone call, all happened in less than twelve hrs, and told Raj and Lucky about this.
“I know,” Raj answered. “I wondered when we’ll see that girl again,” Lucky said, smiling.
“Let’s get back to home,” I said, looking at my watch. “It’s already pretty late. I’ll call you guys in the evening,” I said, looking at Raj and Lucky.
“Do you think she might accept to come for date with me?” lucky asked in a hopeful tone.
I felt lucky’s eyes looking deeply into mine. “I wouldn’t want to bet on it”, I said.

(to be continued..)

9 comments:

  1. you could write a book about this stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey nice work...badmash...was better dan d previous one.... keep up d gud work n post d nxt one soonnn....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arre... Wah re Wah... Ur flow seems be simply superb... But come on... take us to the climax...

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ganesh.....thnk u ..thnk u... will think of tht..(lol)..:P

    @radhika....thnxs a lot for posting ur comment

    @prithz... itneebhi jaldhi kya... :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah...to be continued???but i wanted to know the end...i'll come bk to check it out

    ReplyDelete
  6. @vicky... well i got job in amazon.com...

    @praveen... (i'll come bk to check it out)...hmm, tht was quite encouraging.... :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey awesome pic....the glossy lips...where did u pick it from anyways??

    ReplyDelete
  8. @vicky....well, man its a collection of real incidents happened in my life.. ;)

    @neha.... i found tht glossy lips in my wallpaper collection... :)

    ReplyDelete