Sep 9, 2006

Cricket bAt...........

Hmm... cricket bat, it meant a lot to me in my school days. Well one fine day I gathered my guts and asked my dad to get me a bat. For that he gave me forget-it kinda look and told me to go and study... and finally after my half yearly exams, he bought me a bat.. it was made of cheap quality wood. But then I adjusted to that...

The very next week my bat broke into two pieces (I dont remember how did it break)... hmm.., that day afternoon I joined the both bat pieces with FEVICOL, left it in a corner and waited till its gets fixed... And in the evening exactly at 7 pm, the time by which my dad returns from office, I took a look at my broken bat which was now one piece.

Now it looked in good shape, so I jumped into my imaginations. Imagining as if am in Indian cricket team, and India requires 4 runs to win in the last ball. And the bowler starts his runup and I took my stance, here he bowls and I swing my bat with full grudge to hit a 6.... oyeee wheres my bat ,,,,,,,,,, hmm bat handle was in my hands and bat went straight onto the window for a six... that happened just when my dad entered the room... ...well my dad didnt say anything that time (as far as I remember...)..

Well I was left with no bat now, and summer was approaching besides the peer pressure. So I started saving 1, 2, 5 rupee coins and finally one day, it all added up to 360bucks. I went to buy a new oil bat. But the shop keeper said it was 450 bucks and no oil bat for 300 bucks.. This disappointed me very much. I got fever because of that, that day my granny came from the village to visit us. She used to get me comics every time wherever she came. But this time she forgot, so she gave me 100 rupee note... It brought a smile on my face. That day my mom was going out for shopping, so I gave her my 450 bucks to buy an oil bat for me and gave her the sports shop address, then I went to sleep. When I got up I saw no bat, nowhere. I shouted at my mom, wheres my bat, and I started throwing all my books my stuff on the floor and was crying like anything... my granny woke me up from my dream and showed me my new bat.... wow new bat it has WILLS sticker on it.... hahaha I still have that bat..........

12 comments:

  1. Heyyyyyyyyyyy!!! That was an awesome post.... soooooooooooo damnnnn cute!!! Loved reading it... and yeah.. it was straight from your heart!!! i too used to play cricket n i pestered my dad n got one cricket bat and one tennis ball.. i stil lhave it with me... and i play wid my cuzns!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. man this crazy but even my first bat had a wills sticker n it was a mini bat n it also broke from the handle side!!!!wow v hav too much in common avi.....this post brought back the memories of my first bat.hmmmm....i don even knw whr it went....anyway i agree wid prithz A DAMN CUTE POST !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These bat making guys always do the same things...

    all my bats' handles came loose after playing for 2-3months and my dad won't buy me a new one until repeated pestering...

    So i started to buy the balls and played with my friends bats

    ReplyDelete
  4. @preethi... & giri... thnk u both for damnnn cute comments.. :)

    @ganesh... thts very kool ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do have pretty good dreams huh!!! Nice one and happy to know your dream came true.

    ReplyDelete
  6. awwww how sweet! :) grannys are always like that.. adorable..

    ReplyDelete
  7. @priya... its always afeel good factor if ur dreams come true.. :)

    s0ulasylum ....warm welcome and thnks for dropping by...:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww...shud I say I miss my Granny!...:((

    ReplyDelete
  9. So daaaamnnn sweeeet...This post is really really lovely da...I loved reading this. I mean, the way you have described that is really nice...

    Yup!same here...every bat i got since i was 10 used to break off damn quickly.and i used to be the only one owning a bat in my locality.so all the guys used to come and queue up outside my home.i used to tell them,"wait there i will have a cup of tea and will be back".and those guys will be waiting for me.even when we play,i used to blackmile them saying,"it wasnt a wicket...if u are not ready to agree,gimme my bat,am leaving"...and they used to accept everything that i had to say...hehe...

    so nice...u dated back my memories deep into the past...great post..

    keep this going

    ReplyDelete
  10. awwww...that was so cute!
    also the self portrait u have put of urself!!!so adorable...
    LOL @ the bat flying out of the windows with its handle left in ur hand!!!
    Rock on!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ur so immature .. cryin over a bat like that :P

    ReplyDelete