Jan 12, 2007

the last exam...


Today my little bro’s results came out and he scored good grades. Well, he is doing engg and he is in 3 rd year. This took me back to my 3 rd year when he was in 1st year. My 3rd year 1st sem exams got over and my little bro still had one more exam.

So for that exam he had only 1 day for preparation. And he wasted it by just exploring the previous year’s exam papers; he wasn’t able to decide what all units he wanted to read.

He tried to get started and read something in the night after dinner, well I was observing this. I thought of asking him what the problem is, why he is feeling so tensed.

That night he didn’t sleep, I got up in regular intervals from my bed to check whether is sleeping or not.

Next day morning when got up I heard my mom saying, “don’t write exam if you are not confident, write supplementary exam”. I went into kitchen and shouted at my mom and bro, took him into my room and asked him what the problem is, he said he knew nothing about the subject and he didn’t like the subject and so he was unable to read anything. And then he requested me to help him out in anyway.

I asked him to get all the study material he had with him and also the previous years question papers. I went through few previous years’ papers, for 15 minutes I scanned through topics which are very important. At 0630 hours I called my bro and gave a brief summary on all the topics I scanned and gave him a general idea. By 7 pm I covered up 3 units and by 0730hrs he finished cramming all the topics I explained him. At 8 am he left for writing exam. In the evening he came into my room and showed the question paper. 90 percent of paper had the topics which all I covered. And then the results came out, guess what he scored 75 out of 75 in that subject. I could score only 64 out of 80 in that subject….. [; )]

17 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwwwww!!! U have a handy job in hand :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its nice to have a kind and smart big brother like you.I think it was really nice to help your brother especially in the last minute.And it also taught your brother not to give up that easily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brute big brother??? wow!!
    Reminds me of my school days.... where the guy who copied from me got more marks than me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol..hahaha! exams suckk..but this one is cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. u are great great big-brother Avinash! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats a smart work in the last minute.

    But, it also leaves me to have a thought about how poor the standard of examination is also...dont you think??

    Hope I dont sound offensive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wat a great tutor...wish i had u ;)...
    ur bro got 75/75...so ur telling ur bro is smarter than u:P..hehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brute- Cool layout... DId a good job. Big brother or youngest?? If younger its cool, but big ones always act too big huh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. preethi...
    hehe... :P

    lalitha...
    yea tht a was good lesson, which i also learned.. :)

    kk..
    copying, guess wat tht happnd with me many a times, where guy copying from me got more marks...hmmmm dosti keliye kya kya nahi karna padtha hai ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. krithika..
    exams suck big time :D

    kartik..
    Oh good..:D

    sid
    yea, finally :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. contended
    oh yea! i agree with ya..

    kavi..
    hmm... :P

    priya..
    thnkxs...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Avinash, now when the next time I don't study for an exam, I know whom to call... :-))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow!! I do the same thing. Though I never taught anyone else, I always used to study for 1-2 hours and write my exams. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. gayatri

    i guess most of the them do the same thing.. :P

    ReplyDelete
  15. Somebody trying hard to show off here as to how good a teacher he is :D

    ReplyDelete