Jun 2, 2007

I was dancing with her shadow... 1

It was raining when I came out of my office. It was five in the evening, and the weather outside was cool, dark and romantic. I decided to go out and get drenched in the rain instead of staying back under the portico.

As I walked out I was welcomed by the rain and strong breeze. I ran towards the parking lot and pulled over my bike. I messaged Raj &Lucky to come for a cuppa chai at Cafe Love Bird.
It was six by the time I reached the cafe. Raj & Lucky waved from the table where they were sitting.
"Hi dude..." both said in unison.
"hello sirs.."
Lucky ordered two by three chai for us and Raj got cigarettes.
"Tho... wassp sir? kaisa tha aaj ka din?" lucky asked me lighting the cigarette.
"Not bad... what about you guys?"
"same to same... " Raj said having a sip of the Irani chai.
"Achha woh sab chod, movie chalna hai?" Lucky asked.
"which movie?"
"POC, pirates of Caribbean..."
"tickets milenge? it just released on friday, and getting tickets is highly impossible sir.."
"black main lelenge, big deal;"
"Did you ask girls?" Raj asked.
"Tujhe kya lagtha hai, only we guys are going, dude who's gonna stand in the Queue, girls agreed to come and getting tickets is possible I guess..." Lucky said winking at me.
"Hmm.. cool, when's the show?" I asked looking at the wall clock.
"7:15 ka show..."
"And we have just 30 minutes.."
"Chill dude...I have already asked girls to get tickets for us, and they have been waiting for more than two hours..."
"Abhey teri tho...marvayegaa kaa saale...chal jaldi karr, abi late gayetho ladhkiya jarroor pitengi .."
We reached theatre by seven and Uma, Rachana, Sameera were waiting for us at the entrance door with tickets.

After the movie we went back to our homes. I reached my home at ten fifteen. I was damn tired to eat something, so I directly went into my room and crashed in my bed.

*******

At twelve in the night my mobile started buzzing restlessly, it was Raj's call.

"Oye Kya huva yaar...itni raat ko call karraa"
"Avi dude, I told off..."
"eh? you told what and to whom?"
"I proposed Mayuri just now.."
"huh? oye what happened to Vidya?"
"We broke up last month, she said shes the wrong one for me and I appreciated her decision..woh sab baadmain...now it's Mayuri..."
"What about Mayuri? ...hey..! Mayuri is your childhood crush right?"
"yes, you guessed right..."
"Hmmm... So what did she say?"
"Nothing, she said we need to talk.."
"Hmm...Ok , chal koyi baat nahi, you sleep tight, you done nothing wrong that was a good thing you did...so don't worry we'll talk tomorrow.."
"Par..."
"oye! no par var...just go and sleep, we'll talk tomorrow for sure...you just sleep well...good night."
"Hmmm...ok, good night..."

After hanging the phone, I got up from bed and went into bathroom to wash my face. It was something which knocked me without any notice...


to be continued...
(words 583, lines 64, paragraphs 40)

4 comments:

  1. poor madhuri.......arey Raj teriko kithne ladkiya chahiye life mein :D

    Keep going avi..kinda intresting one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really improved it well and it goes pretty interesting;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey brute,
    Lovely blog n some good artcles.
    I visit often but hv never left a comment.....!!:)
    I am sindhus friend,
    so while surfing thru landed at brutes column.
    Thanks for visitng my blog.
    I thought i should try my hand at writing and this was the first time i wrote something fictious.
    Anyways catch u later
    Bye......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good starting...Lets wait and waych for some more action!

    ReplyDelete