Mar 26, 2006

train 9 2 11 ..... continued part 4

OH SHIT! I COULD NOT BELIEVE WHAT I WAS SEEING. There was another train nearing the station on the third track. I started sweating heavily; I could not think what I should do next. First thing I thought was to take Rachana out of the station, so I ran towards the platform. While I reached the telephone booth Rachana was talking to her mom on the phone, I squinted for the wire, which was not the telephone wire. I bent down the phone box and watched for the probable interfaced bomb. After the close watch, I saw no bomb triggering circuit. But one thing was apparent that it’s not the telephone wire, as the wire was approaching from the different pole. When Rachana finished her call, we came out of the telephone booth. I saw that the other train halted some 100yards away from the station.
While Rachana and I were exiting the platform, I turned towards to the pole again. I saw an unusual thing out there; there was red light falling on the milestone near the telephone pole. I thought of saying about the things I observed to Rachana, but felt that it will do no good. To my respite, I saw Rachana’s cousin in the station.
“Rachana, you people all right?”
“We are fine Mahi.”
Mahi turned to me. “Thanks for accompanying her”
“Mahi, are you also going to Vizag?”
“Yeah Avinash.”
“Rachana, well sorry to say but …. I want to return Hyderabad. You go to Vizag along with Mahi.”
“What happened to you? You feeling all right Avinash”, Rachana asked me worriedly.
I turned to her and said softly, “Rachana seeing this accident, am bit down and I really think it would be better if I go back to Hyderabad.”
“Ok fine, anyway thanks for accompanying me”
“Hmm… now what’s the need to thank me huh?” I said smiling at her foolishly.

At 22:20pm, Rachana and Mahi boarded the bus towards Vizag. I bid them goodbye and returned to the station. I again saw the milestone. There was still red light falling on it. I tried to trace the path from where it was coming, but it was difficult to trace. This time I didn’t wanted to go near the pole as it may probably being observed.I went towards the telephone booth for calling Prashanth. Now the rush at the booth was little less. After five minutes, I got my turn to utilize the phone. I stretched forward my hand to lift the receiver………… Trigg….tringggggg…..trig…tringgggg…!

(will be continued ............ very soon i guess)

2 comments: