Feb 28, 2006

college

Teenage is the juncture where we stand at the brink of maturity. (Well I’m no longer in my teens, it’s been two yrs, but still I feel no changes in me except for bodily changes). This is the time when we start learning the essentials of becoming a matured tomorrow.

This is the phase where everything seems to be cozy. During this period, we launch ourselves into so called to be audacious in whatever brainless stuff we do, persuade towards bad habits (you-know-what), enjoy every tad of the life (care-free temperament). We turn out to be very watchful concerning the dressing, the shoes we put on, hairdo, pimples, bikes, & newest fads n fashions. (And whatnots!)

In other words, I’ll sum up this phase in a poem,

Studies become secondary
Movies become primary
Exams become customary
Bunking becomes necessary
Girlfriends become compulsory
Parties become mandatory

And our theme song after joining an engg college will be

“hum honge all clear, hum honge all clear, ek din ooh hoo Mann main hay vishwas , pura hay viswas hum honge all clear ek din…………”

Hey, whatever man this is the phase that we all attach importance to. I’m gonna miss every one of my friends, left with barely couple of months after which we all part to our fresh paths.
I din’t yet realize how fast we completed 4 yrs, the stupid lecturers we had in our dept. and the budda our HOD (headache of the dept.) who thinks every engg student must be an IEEE member, else he is unfit to be a EEE student.

The first day of my college is still afresh in my mind. The most preferred classes were labs for lone apparent reason being sandwiched between two beauties of the class (& dept.), yup my roll no. is 233 and 234 is girija (the livewire of the class after me), 232 is Divya, hehehe…, every guy of my class envies me for this only reason. And one more girl of my batch (she will boot my ass if I don’t talk about) is hepsi no.231; she is the only one in my batch who strives hard to complete the expt in every lab. Tell you what our batch has a peculiar record, we never used to obtain results for the majority of the expts we did. Yogeesh (235) Mr. intellectual, he not only completes his expt but also helps other batches to get the results and kabhi kabhi tho lab in charges sort for his help in understanding certain expts. And you know what, he’s already completed his final year project (won first prize in paper presentation for this project and he’s is applying for patent ship) and now he’s helping two other batches in their respective projects. (Giri & I don’t understand how he manages all that).

Regarding my batch mate for the final year project is karthik (252), cartoonist & always-love-sick weirdo. He has a bizarre record in the college, four different girls in four yrs, and of which three ditched him and currently steady with a girl from second year (god should offer her with immeasurable power for tolerating him!)
Now about Preeti (221), been my partner in balloon dance at fresher’s party which we won, and we form a great team in whatever we do (esp. dumbcher arts), she is doing her project with Anu(210) under HOD (budda salla!).

The three musketeers of our class, disk (205, his actual name is DSK chaitanya, but I changed him into disk), sommu (208), shashi (213), scholarly sallies constantly discussing about books, technology. These people never bunked the classes when the entire class is geared up for mass bunk. The other one is suraj (211, there is song we composed for him  ‘suraj huva matham, ganddh jalnne laggaa………’) well he’s a Xerox engine in our class, whatever lecturer talks or writes on board can be seen in his notes. He never lends his notes to anybody in the class. (Don’t know what happened but he has altered a lot, yes, he’s actually started lending his notes to others).

Well, we do have Charles angels in our class Divya (232), Ramya (224), Priyanka (228). Deadly group since plus one (11th standard) and they move together, do things together, hmm…

And dudes of the class karthik (212), sandeep (255), saurab (218), Ramakrishna (203), Bharath (251), Hanumanth (258), along with suraj & me, well I’ll enlighten you with one of the stupid things we carry out when we go to canteen…

We take only one plate chapatti and half a dozen spoons, now guess y, (u can’t) we all love the curry which is served along with chapatti and we go for turns to get curry as it gets over, this is at least for one full round (everyone should get their share, I mean turns). And the Chapattis,(katham honeka naam hi nahi letha) one or two pieces per turn……………hehehe!

I don’t remember doing great things at college (except masti ), but I did only one good thing twice in my college………hmm.. U read that correctly, I donated blood twice(2 consecutive years) during blood donation camp organized by NSS along with Lion’s club. (sare paap ekhi jaatkhemey dhullgayee….!!!).

The final countdown, which started at 100, is now left with 14, 14 authorized days as students. Then there would be all nos’- no college, no classes (none to bunk), no canteen, no sitting in the retreat(college parking lot) and reading for internals. Friends we are gonna miss the endless travel in buses, the one-day batting during exams…

It's like we had fresher’s party yesterday and today is the occasion for farewell. After four yrs we are at the doorsteps of the college yet again, all set to conquer the thick and untamed world around us. Little did we realize that we would be a part of the world within no time. Amusingly enough, we are coming to the fag end of it all.

9 comments:

  1. Hmm...you donated your sins via blood! Now that's deadly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. all the best dude...
    great post....reminds me of my last days in college.....one precious semester that i will never forget, my 8h sem!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @thxs sajesh

    @sindhu, hope urs blood group is A+

    @kaushik, thnxs

    ReplyDelete
  4. sweet post..makes me think about my last day of university which is yet to come...:(..2 more yrs to go...i will enjoy untill then...:)..
    finally tum ho gaye all clear ek din..hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ravi thxs for visiting my blog

    @kavi yeah finally

    ReplyDelete
  6. kathi kathi post .. ey range lo chinchav antey .. inka cheppatam waste.. eek i still have just little more time to be a teen.. n im savouring every second of it.. mmm its yum.. :P

    ReplyDelete